Wake Forest Historical Museum Free Admission

LOCATION: 414 N. Main Street Wake Forest, NC 27587 REG HOURS: (TUES-FRI) 9am to noon and 1:30 to 4:30pm SUNDAY HOURS: 2-5pm (Dependent on Volunteers) CONTACT: 919-556-2911

After the Move

The Wake Forest Historical Association is hosting a free public forum “After the Move” on Sunday, November 3rd from 3-5pm at the museum. Fall semester 1956 was the first time … Continue reading

October 11, 2019 · 2 Comments

The Last of the College Restaurants and Radio Station

It was April 1956 and Wake Forest was splitting in two. The town and college were about to break apart, becoming separate entities for the first time in their 122-year history. … Continue reading

April 29, 2016 · 1 Comment

The 1956 Winston Move Left Dr. Cullom Behind

(From an article by Lloyd Preslar, in a 1956 edition of the Old Gold & Black.) When Wake Forest moves to Winston-Salem this spring, the College will leave behind many … Continue reading

March 24, 2016 · Leave a comment