Wake Forest Historical Museum

A History of Shorty’s Famous Hotdogs in Ads

Flip through this history of Shorty’s from 1919 through 1950 by clicking on each photo in the gallery. These advertisements ran in the Wake Forest College newspaper, some more than once, and … Continue reading

June 1, 2016 · 4 Comments

“Main Street, Wake Forest” Has a Personality

In March 1944, an article about our historic downtown appeared in the Wake Forest College newspaper, the Old Gold & Black. Essentially a love letter to South White Street, it was written … Continue reading

February 18, 2016 · 6 Comments

Old Campus Pranks, ca. 1935

In this 1-minute video, 101-year-old Willard Brown (WFC ’36) recalls a college prank that led to a stern, campus-wide reprimand from the Wake Forest College professors, coaches, and famous Dr. … Continue reading

September 18, 2014 · Leave a comment

History of the Old Well

The Old Well is a beloved campus landmark that likely dates back to the early days of the Calvin Jones House. Located just a few yards from the house at … Continue reading

July 30, 2013 · Leave a comment