Wake Forest Historical Museum: Open 9am-noon & 1:30-4:30pm Tues-Fri; Closed Sat, Sun, Mon

LOCATION: 414 N. Main Street Wake Forest, NC 27587 CONTACT: 919-556-2911

1947 UNC vs. Wake Forest College

In February 1947, Wake Forest’s Demon Deacons challenged the UNC Tarheels on the historic hardwood of Gore Gymnasium. A photographer filmed the action with a 16mm camera. After the film … Continue reading

July 22, 2013 · 2 Comments

Founding of Wake Forest

In early 19th century North Carolina, an area in Wake County north of Raleigh that was known for its forest of fine hardwood trees was called the Forest of Wake. … Continue reading

July 17, 2013 · 2 Comments

The New Campus

Land on Reynolda, the estate of tobacco magnate R. J. Reynolds, was given to the College by the Reynolds family for the new campus. Designed by Jens Fredrik Larson and … Continue reading

July 17, 2013 · Leave a comment