Wake Forest Historical Museum

LOCATION: 414 N. Main Street Wake Forest, NC 27587 CONTACT: 919-556-2911

The Medical Bags of Dr. Matthew Dalton Phillips

These cases were carried on horseback by a country doctor practicing medicine in rural North Carolina about a hundred years ago. Apart from the passage of time, they are exactly as Dr. … Continue reading

September 30, 2015 · Leave a comment

The 1949 Dixie Bowl

Some amazing artifacts that just arrived at the museum seem to have virtually time-traveled straight from a mid-century Dixie Bowl match-up between the Demon Deacons and the Baylor Bears! The … Continue reading

September 26, 2014 · 2 Comments

Moving the Museum

On September 1, 2010, Executive Director Ed Morris spent the day getting all the smaller items moved from the Calvin Jones House and into the new annex. Cathy Morris reviewed … Continue reading

July 21, 2013 · Leave a comment

The Country Life

Traveling back in time just got much easier. An antique buggy, located on Town of Wake Forest property and recently donated to the museum, gives visitors a chance to see … Continue reading

July 21, 2013 · Leave a comment

A 1920’s Love Story

Clyde Dawkins played football at Wake Forest College in the 1920s. And he had a first love… a girl named Gladys. Of course, that was more than 80-years ago. And … Continue reading

July 21, 2013 · Leave a comment

Two New Artifacts

Two newly acquired artifacts that bridge the gap from the most mundane to the almost divine show how virtually any item can spark the imaginationi of an enthusiastic museum-goer. First … Continue reading

July 21, 2013 · Leave a comment

Things with Wheels

This mail cart was used to shuttle US Mail from the Train Depot to the Royall Cotton Mill on the northern edge of town. Mail was then sorted and distributed … Continue reading

July 19, 2013 · Leave a comment

Demon Deacon Artifacts

Take a look at the top hat and umbrella once worn by Ed Stanfield (WFC ’49), the second Demon Deacon mascot ever to take field and court at Wake Forest … Continue reading

July 19, 2013 · Leave a comment

Hours & Info

Tues-Fri: 9am-noon & 1:30-4:30pm
Sun: 2pm-5pm

Closed: Saturday and Monday

Call us at 919.556.2911

Free Admission

Follow us on Instagram!

Remembering our friend Bill Joyner. Always with that smile. #1967Forester Atlas Ray, owner of a legendary store in the Harricanes, was among those remembered at the WFHA program on country stores. Just received several reels of 16mm film. Looks like 1950s home movies of the Demon Deacs in the Billy Barnes days!!! From the April 1961 Wake Forest phone book... instructions on how to use a dial telephone, how to dial a number, how to interpret ringing and busy signals, and what to do on a party line. Anyone else remember those days?