LOCATION: 414 N. Main Street Wake Forest, NC 27587 REG HOURS: (TUES-FRI) 9am to noon and 1:30 to 4:30pm SUNDAY HOURS: 2-5pm (Dependent on Volunteers) CONTACT: 919-556-2911
In the early hours of May 5, 1933, the original Wait Hall burned to the ground.
Wake Forest College students were roused from sleep to run outside and watch the flames engulf a building that had stood at the center of campus since 1835. Over the next two years, a string of more than 70 arson fires struck locations across town and college. The crimes were never solved.
Willard Brown (WFC ’36) was there. He is age 101.